Number of servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of servers

The amount of faceless servers getting put up by game hosting companies is killing the communities of this game.

We try and provide a decent server with active admins and good settings but it is mostly empty as everyone joins these servers which have no admins at bog standard settings.

There are about 30 of these bog standard gaming deluxe servers only, not to mention other companies. Why? Why have that many?!

No point in keeping our server up if the amount of servers stay the same.
    Last edited by Melbo; 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM.

In some cases, to be a game server provider, the software companies require the GSP operates a minimum number of servers. As rentals take over the GSP can reduce the servers it provides. Having plenty of servers available at launch is essential to the software companies if they are to avoid the debacle seen recently with SimCity.

I'm not certain this is the case here (I don't work for Gaming Deluxe) but it's a probable explanation.

I do sympathise. Populating servers is always a pain and normally one would hope an administered server is better than a free for all mess. But if your settings deviate too much from the vanilla game servers, that can be a reason why players don't visit you.

I volunteer to help with this forum but don't work for Gaming Deluxe so I don't have access to support systems

Comment

Originally posted by Melbo View Post
      The amount of faceless servers getting put up by game hosting companies is killing the communities of this game.

We try and provide a decent server with active admins and good settings but it is mostly empty as everyone joins these servers which have no admins at bog standard settings.

There are about 30 of these bog standard gaming deluxe servers only, not to mention other companies. Why? Why have that many?!

No point in keeping our server up if the amount of servers stay the same.
      Hello Melbo,

We use these as advertisement servers which is to generate sales, We have slowly been decreasing our number of these to give the community a chase to have there own players in the server.

All hosts was instructed to close 50% of there public servers by the tripwire dev team to allow for this which we have complied with. We will be closing the rest of these in the next few weeks.

Hope this helps.

Steven
      Support Team
      gamingdeluxe.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X